Friday, August 8, 2008

Props to my thoughtful hubby

Today Nick called to see if I was home and said, "Good, cause I'm bringing you a prize. I bid on something for you at the SHRM meeting and won it!" I do love presents so I was excited to see what it was. By the way, SHRM is pronounced sherm, which for some reason makes me laugh. I like to make this funny face when I say it and it tickles me every time. Anyway, back to the point. Taylor and I went outside to greet him and he gets out of the car with a painting of a crab. It was a neat painting but probably nothing I would pick out to purchase. Then he starts to hand me a piece of paper and I got really excited because it was all coming together and I knew exactly what it was! It was a gift certificate (two, actually) for this place in town called Paint and Pals that I was very excitedly telling him about just the other night. I told him that I really, really wanted to go sometime. I guess his memory was jogged at the silent auction and he bid. So, thanks to my thoughtful husband for bidding and I'm sooo glad you won!

And here is a picture of Taylor, because as my friend Hillary says, "Posts with pictures are more fun."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Nicholas, awww. Gran

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

oh, that looks like sips n strokes here in bham! i am going on the
25th and i can't wait! can't wait to see your painting once you go!

Matthew and Valerie said...

That's going to be so much fun to do!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Hillary--so true!
Robyn, have fun! You are so creative, so I know you will make something awesome!
Nick, two words--good job.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Nick!! Wives always love surprises. Well, I mean if it's something they want. Robyn, you'll do something really neat, I know. You could open your own store one day.
Where's the cat??

amy said...

i hope you have so so much fun painting robyn! taylor is so stinkin cute! what a beautiful little family :)

LeAnne said...

oh, that is so awesome...HUGE props to your hubby!!!!what a cute picture of taylor...hillary is right, posts with pictures are more fun! i'm adding you to my blogroll so that i can follow your family...hillary called out all the stalkers so i'm commenting and updating my blogroll :o)

Lauren said...

She's my new favorite thing :)

The Clay Family said...

Lily Grace has the same cherry jammies as Taylor :) She is so precious- she looks like a mini me of you, Robyn! I can't believe she is a year old, and I haven't even met her :(