Thursday, August 21, 2008

Got Milk?



I took this picture this morning while Nick and Taylor were drinking their morning milk. Aren't they cute? Taylor was glued to the TV watching her girls Misty May-Treanor and Kerry Walsh put the smack down on the Chinese in some beach volleyball. We taped it last night because we can't stay up that late on a school night. Yep, I said "taped", not "Tivo". We still use a VHS tape and we're still cool. You can laugh at us, we don't care. We don't feel the need to keep up with the Joneses. A few months ago I was talking to a lady and I said something about not having Tivo and she (with much shock in her voice and on her face) said, "Y'all don't have Tivo?" like she was asking, "Y'all don't have electricity?" I thought it was quite humorous.

10 comments:

katie said...

that is ridiculous... who cares. we did finally get tivo in bham (only because they had a good deal and we got a free tivo box for new customers) and i do like it - but your post cracked me up. seriously? is it that big of a deal? i applaud you for still using a VHS - we still have one in our bedroom and i love it! :)

annieck said...

I'm with you. We don't have Tivo either. It's sad when I hear all these grandmas talking about having it. We still rock the VHS too.
We can be prehistoric together! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, not only does this grandma not have tivo, she doesn't even know what the heck it is and I don't care who knows that either. So there! Gran

Anonymous said...

Also, that picture of Taylor and Nick needs to be framed and displayed. It is the absolute cutest!!!! Gran

Demetrius and Amy said...

What's TIVO? Just kidding. I love the picture...it is priceless!

Anonymous said...

That's the cutest father/daughter picture I've seen in a long time. Besides one of Jonathan/Mia and Erik/Kayleigh. And what's wrong with a VHS tape? I didn't think there was anything else!?!?!? Behind the times and lovin' it.
The Other Grandma :)

Matthew and Valerie said...

I notice there's no chocolate in her milk like Aunt Val likes to drink it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read these posts and know that we're not the only ones without tivo. I don't want it! I'm sure it makes life easier for some, but it's just another electronic/technological thing I'd have to learn and, to be quite honest, I just have better things to do with my time!! Precious pic by the way!

danielle said...

That picture is great! And your comment about a VHS is cracking me up!

christian and amanda said...

ok, so when we wanted to watch olympics, we went to christian's sister's friend's uncles's house. he was the closest one who had a TV. yea, neither we nor most of our friends have a tube...we did finally buy a computer and we are "allowed" (christian's idea) to watch one movie a month. personally, i don't think we miss that much. and, yes, you are cool.