Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics

Business as usual shuts down at the Villacampa house for two weeks during the Olympics. I (Nick) have loved the Olympics ever since Seoul in '88 and it's been my mission to get Robyn to like it a fraction as much as I do. We've stayed up every night this week to watch it on tv. In fact it's pretty much all we've watched since last Friday night. We just watched Michael Phelps win by .01 seconds (we can't believe he did it) and we just got excited to see Dara Torres win her semifinal heat. We like her. Taylor has become a fan too. Seriously. When she's in here with us and hears the people on tv clap, she stops whatever she's doing and starts clapping. Taylor is especially excited that the track & field is about to start. Well, ok, maybe that's just me.

On another sports-related note, we've got a bunch of tickets to the Mobile Bay Bears game next Friday night (Aug 22). So if anyone wants to go with us, just let us know.

6 comments:

--Shelley said...

we too have been junkies. but i can't stay up late anymore. i fall asleep before all of the action. but, i did see phelps and torres tonight. just so you'll know, streed is into it too, but he always cheers for china. he is confused. jill said maybe he'll be a missionary there one day. ahh, it scares me and excites me at the same time.

Matt, Carrie, Lucy and Molly Allen said...

i'm with you nick, waiting on track to start! but I have been enjoying some gymnastics and swimming has been super exciting thanks to phelps. still can't believe he won last night.
carrie

Anonymous said...

today i watched dong dong from china on the mens trampoline...Who doesn't love the olympics!
scott
(holding davis who practices the breast stroke during tummy time)

Melanie said...

I too am a junkie, as well as my husband. I love it all...the rowing, the handball...I guess I just get wrapped up in all of it. I walked in the other night and David was standing up right in front of the T.V. watching womens gymnastics yelling, "Stick it, Stick it!" Meaning the landing or was he talking to the Chinese girls?? I am not sure. Oh well.
Love,
Mel

Bragans said...

We too are watching the Olympics. I cannot wait to get home from work to watch. I come in and immediately ask Trey what is going. Ella Joy likes them too. She likes the gymnastics. When it has been on she does forward rolls on the floor!

katie said...

you are hilarious... first of all, i would LOVE to come this weekend, but ben is working - boo! soon though... and i wish we had a private jet too. twould be nice... the pic didn't come up on his phone, he was going to have to see it online or something. but i can't wait to see it! and the hills? rob you are a mess - ben might murder me if i made him sit through that. but then again, i do like gossip girl. sad huh? :) haha!
i could use a little rob/nick dance performance today... maybe you should send us a text pic of that! :)