Monday, January 22, 2007

Word is out!

We have finally let the cat out of the bag and have begun telling everyone we know that we'll be parents later this year. It was hard for us to keep this big secret for 11 weeks, that's how we both wanted to do it. I (Nick) have started telling people that I work with, and here are the 3 most memorable reactions I've gotten so far:

1. When I told the news to 3 ladies who I was eating lunch with they all 3 screamed and threw their hands up in the air!

2. After I told one person "Robyn is pregnant" he paused, stared at me for about 7 seconds, and then dryly said "I'm going to guess this wasn't planned."

3. I showed someone the ultrasound picture and he said "does it have a little weiner yet?"

3 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

If dad's right, the baby will never have a "weiner"!!! Can't wait to hear how Robyn's next appointment goes! Will you go with her?

Anonymous said...

I was reading Chat your 3 reactions and started laughing before I could finish the sentence about the weiner. That's pretty classic. I can't believe the one guy that commented about it not being planned. I'm so tired of this society thinking that every pregnancy is "planned" or not. What must the child think one day if they're told they were an "accident." That just really irritated me. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hard to imagine LT with a "weiner"!
No headbands
dad