Sunday, January 28, 2007

The First of Many Firsts

Well, today was the first of many firsts I'm sure I'll experience as my body changes during this pregnancy. My waistline is expanding...yikes. I had to get creative this morning while getting dressed for church. My trusty black pants, which I wear most Sundays out of the month, are beginning to become snug in the waist. This is a new problem for me as I am used to pants being somewhat snug in the legs, but NEVER in the waist. As a matter of fact, I often have pants that are a bit loose in the waist to account for fitting my thighs. But not today! I CAN button the pants, I'll have you know, but they're not comfortable. Soooo, I was forced to choose a longer sweater to wear with the pants so I could do the ole loop-a-ponytail holder-through-the-buttonhole-and-around-the-button trick. I then went an extra step and used a safety pin, too. Ahh, the safety pin...so many uses! So, we'll see how many other pairs of pants I'll have to do that to in the upcoming weeks. Thankfully, the pants I wear to work most of the time aren't getting too tight just yet.

P.S. By the way, Nick and I were stopped at a red light in front of the Cimmaron Club on our way home tonight. He reads the marquis aloud, "Sexy Back Contest, $200!" Then he says, "Dude, you gotta enter that!" If you don't know what the Cimmaron Club is, you should be laughing because you know I would never enter any such contest. And if you do know what the Cimmaron Club is, you should be laughing extra hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
As I was reading the "girl" talk stuff about pants and fastening, since I couldn't follow it I was thinking "poor LT will have so much to learn!"
Thanks for sharing!
I pray for you and LT every morning (and Nick too!)
Love
dad

Anonymous said...

Nick and Robyn,
I'm glad y'all didn't come in the Cimmaron Club; I would have been so embarrassed. I didn't even finish in the top 5. Next time I'll shave.
Guess Who.