Monday, April 19, 2010

Finally!

So I'm finally going to go to Publix tomorrow. I know (hope) it will be worth it. For my first time (and maybe second and third) I'll go with a friend who knows what she's doing and knows the layout of the store. Tomorrow I'll go with Martha. There have been a few weeks lately that I really wanted to go, I just couldn't coordinate my schedule with any of the other Publix shoppers. I have lots of friends who've been making the 45 minute drive to Fairhope (1.5 hours round-trip) for quite some time now and they continue to do so. I've heard from their mouths and read on their blogs their amazing savings from week to week and how they've drastically cut down on their grocery bills. I've been wanting to try it for months, but just haven't felt up to it physically...or mentally for that matter. It takes A LOT of preparation to look through the sales for the week and get your coupons together, but according to everyone I know who does it, it's well worth it. I mean, after all, I work outside of the home very little and therefore, make very little money, so I'm hoping this will be another way I can contribute financially (in a round-a-bout way). I'm really excited and a bit nervous. I haven't built up a huge collection of coupons yet, so I printed several off the internet tonight. I'm hoping that once I get the hang of it and have more coupons filed away from Sunday papers that it won't take quite as long. But we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes. Here's to hoping!

P.S. And who knows, maybe I'll even take a picture of my loot and tell you how much I spent and how much I saved...if you're lucky! ;)

Here's a funny picture of the tot. The only thing it has to do with this post is that she will be at MDO. Thank goodness for trips to the grocery store without my little "helper" - especially when it will be a long trip.

3 comments:

holly said...

can't wait to hear how you do! i'm approaching my 2 year anniversary of couponing at publix! i spent $37 last week and saved $95...you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Our Tay looks like a thug. Did someone say put your hands up? Oh, I guess that was a way of keeping daddy's gloves on. What a hoot. Gran

Lindsey said...

i never go to publix but one is opening five minutes up the road next week!! i'm hoping to start cashing in like the rest of these smart publix shoppers. let us know how it goes.