Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Go tee-tee, Bear"

Potty training hasn't really started around here yet, but we have some of the things we need when we start. Nick's sister, Val, gave Taylor a generous gift card for her birthday which we used to buy some potty training paraphenalia...Froggy potty, Sesame Street panties, and pull-ups. I've been saying that I don't think that Taylor's ready yet (though I thought a little differently over the past couple of months), but I think it would be a more accurate statement to say that I'm not ready yet. A few reasons include, but are not limited to, the following: I don't love a challenge and I think it might be just that; she's about to start MDO next month and I don't think she (or I, for that matter) need too many transitions at one time; I haven't done ANY research/reading whatsoever to get tips; I think it's a waste of time and energy to start too early; and maybe, just maybe, my baby is growing up too fast!
So in the meantime, we'll talk about it and practice with her dolls and stuffed animals. She does sit on the potty and even asks to, but nothing ever happens. I'm glad she's interested in it, but I'm not pushing it just yet.
The picture below was all Taylor's idea. She sat her bear on there all by herself and said, "Go tee-tee, Bear." I cracked up, as I do often when listening to her funny little self.
On a related note, she really has become quite the nurturer lately, taking care of her babies, changing their diapers, taking her Bear to the potty.

5 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

OK. Here is your lovely unsolicited advice for the day. Go to www.threedaypottytraining.com Or 3daypottytraining.com.
Just google it. It is the BEST thing and the method really worked for us. And O man was potty training in 1 1/2 days. Amazing.
The coolest thing is that it gave me some guidelines and rules as to what to expect because I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. And this gave me an idea... and it worked!
let me know or e-mail me if you have questions.
Love the tee-tee bear! At least she's recognizing it! That's a great start!!

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

1. Love the cute dress she wore to the dentist!

2. I too am not ready for potty training AT ALL. Jackson is showing some interest which I allow for sure but as for me - I'm totally not ready...you are not alone!

3. Jackson sucks his thumb too about the same as you describe Taylor and I cannot begin to imagine getting him to stop..I would rather potty train Jackson and Ellis at the same time than have to try that one :)

Good luck with all of it - the pics are just too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Potty training wasn't one of my battles either. I did it when they were ready - not when I was ready or anyone else was. Taylor won't go to kdg in diapers. :) If she's not up for it, forget it. Another few months of changing diapers didn't hurt me - even with 3 in diapers for 8 months.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm so glad you were able to use the gift card and get something Taylor needs. I have always heard that kids will use the potty when they are ready, not when mommy and daddy are ready!

Donna said...

I was about to freak out if you were staying she was potty trained already! I will add another reason NOT to potty train- you will be in your car in a traffic jam and here "I have to go potty NOW!" or you hear the same statement in the middle of the grocery store with a basket full of cold groceries. It's just easier with diapers for now.