Friday, March 23, 2007

Big news!

On Monday night Robyn and I prayed long and hard for the interview that I had on Tuesday afternoon. I've been looking for a new job for a while and really hoped to find one soon, before the baby comes. I like where I work now but I really needed something that pays a little better and I especially needed something closer to home (I currently have a 64.8 round trip commute).

The interview on Wednesday was with a local company called Cooper T. Smith. The company is over 100 years old and owns about 20 different companies throughout the southeast. The position I interviewed for is similar to what I'm currently doing but is different in many ways at the same time. The interview started at 3:00 and lasted for about an hour. They told me that I would probably hear back from them in 2 weeks. Leaving the interview I felt confident in how I did but soon began to think of things that I wish I would have said. All I could do was take comfort in what Robyn and I prayed earlier in the day: If God wanted me to have the job there was nothing I could do to mess it up, and if he didn't want me to have the job there was nothing I could do to get it.

Much to my suprise, at 10:00 the very next morning I got a call from the staffing agency who set up the interview. They told me that Cooper T. Smith had offered me the position! I tried to hold in my emotion (since I was sitting at my desk at work) but I'm sure I was smiling from ear to ear! Later in the day I talked with the person who interviewed me to ask her a few questions. I told her that everything sounded great but that I'd like to take the night to think about it. Robyn and I talked about it that night, and it was very clear that this was the job we've been waiting for.

So on Thursday morning I met with my boss and let him know that I would be leaving. He congratulated me and told me that it sounds like a great opportunity. Just after that I called the person who interviewed me to officially accept, only to find out that she doesn't work on Thursday! I was able to talk to her today (Friday) and told her that I was very happy to accept the job offer. My first day with them will be April 9. Please pray that the transition will be as smooth as possible, and thank you so much to all of you who have been praying already!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you prayed - nothing you could do to mess up if you were to have it or vica versa. We're so proud of you both knowing you ask for the Lord's direction in everything! :)
CONGRATULATIONS
Still waiting for tummy pics.

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I didn't look down any farther than this entry - the pictures are here!

Anonymous said...

Nick and Robyn, I'm so proud of how you prayed together as a family knowing that whatever the answer to your prayers it was God's answer.
I'm very proud of you both!
dad

Parks Avenue said...

Congrats Nicholas! Sorry we couldn't join you for a celebration dinner. I know it was yummy! I know you'll do well, but we'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
-annie

Anonymous said...

Yea Nickle!