Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mardi Gras, Party Gras, The Boom-Boom...

You pick. I personally prefer to call it The Boom-Boom, but perhaps that's because I grew up in the public school system and that's what I frequently heard it called. But our friend Chris calls it Party Gras and that's coming in close second for me these days.

Mardi Gras, which originated in Mobile as any good and proud Mobilian will inform you, just ended Tuesday and we managed to make it to two parades this year. We feel it's never too early to begin to expose Baby V to such cultural experiences. The first parade we went to was in Mobile and we actually had other plans, but got stuck downtown and were forced to stay for the parade. And it happened to be the MOST FUN I've ever had at a parade. Some of the best high school bands were there - Le Flore, Williamson, Blount - they got down. We had gone to Wintzell's downtown to celebrate our 2 Year Anniversary and were going to head to Daphne afterwards to go to a movie. But as stated earlier we were stuck, so we boom-boomed it up! And caught lots of stuff; moonpies, beads, stuffed animals, and one thing which is too risque' to mention. Also, one man kissed two strands of "pearls" before he threw them to me - that might have been my favorite part. This past Monday night we went to a parade in Fairhope because one of Nick's co-workers is in the organization. I had Fat Tuesday off of work, but Nick didn't, so I didn't go downtown. Maybe next year. Enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pictures. I never know what I'll read about on your blog. Never heard the Mardi/Party Gras called a cultural experience before. HMMMM You both look terrific.

Melanie said...

Yay! Yall will have to come down to the Malaga next year and let Nick see that cultural experience! Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad y'all got stuck downtown and I'm glad you had fun. Mel's right. You need to come to the Malaga next year with Baby V. I too enjoyed the pictures. I love you three. Moma "Gran"

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention. The countdown is so cute and so you guys. Moma "Gran"

Anonymous said...

I stinking miss you, and can not believe that you are pregnant still. How freaking exciting. I want to come and see yall and help you decorate the nursery.

I Love you Both
Lindsay H Nicholls