Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Carpe Diem

I went walking at the USA intramural fields today because the weather was so fabulous and I was taken back to my college days. There were people playing on the softball fields, college girls driving around with their ponytails and big sunglasses and their sorority letters on the front of the car, and guys sitting on picnic tables behind their fraternity houses doing who knows what! I sometimes miss those days and then end up "wishing my life away" as Avril Lavigne would sing. Why do I do that? At times I'm also very good at looking too much to the future, or rather wishing I was in the future...you know, beginning my sentences with "If only..." and "When we can finally..." and the big one these days "If our house was bigger...". Why can't I just say, "Carpe Diem!" Seize the day, for crying out loud! Not that I can't or shouldn't learn from the past or reminisce about days gone by, or even look to future with hope or expectation, but I should LIVE today to the fullest! I will strive to do just that! And perhaps you would like to join me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more and that is exactly what I am going to do as soon as I get this one thing finished!
Guess Who

Anonymous said...

Matthew 6:34
:)

--Shelley said...

Amen, Sista!

Who is "Guess Who"? They are funny. Too bad they didn't place in the sexy back contest.