Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mommy and Me Ballet Class

Taylor and I had the privilege of going to a Mommy and Me Ballet Class this morning! You just don't know how excited I was! I would LOVE for her to be a dancer, but don't worry I won't be one of those pushy moms who tries to live vicariously through her children.:) I couldn't find the little camera so I don't have any pictures, but we plan to go again next week, so I'll be sure to take some then. I think she had a good time. There actually wasn't a lot of ballet today, but it's a 12 week class, so I'm sure we'll progress into more dance. It really was more of just a "movement class" where we warmed up, stretched, sang songs and did hand motions/body movements with them. The teacher briefly told the story of Swan Lake and showed them pictures of swans and a ballerinas, then we did some toe-walking, skipping, and pirouette turns across the floor and back...and by "we" I mean the teacher and the mommies.And by "mommies" I mean one other lady besides myself. The teacher said there were more people there last week and that Kindermusik started back up today, so that might be a conflict for some.
After class Taylor said she had to go potty again (we went right before class started, too) and then when we came back into the class she excitedly screamed that she went tee-tee on the potty and was wearing big girl panties! Thanks for that!
She's on her third week of wearing big girl panties and going potty and I must say that she is doing excellent! Yippee!
Ok, I'll keep you posted on the subject of ballet and will try to get some pictures next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for this opportunity for you. I've been focusing on TayTay and how precious she will be, but I also know how you love dance. If they have visitors' day, I'll be there! Make me proud. Oh yeh, you have already done that. Gran

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Ummm..I so wish I was there to watch you "toe-walk, skip and pirouette" across the floor!!!
Yahoo for Taylor wearing big girl panties!! I'm excited that it's starting to click for her! And, yes, I'm giving Mia and Kayleigh props for showing her what to do. :)

Donna said...

Let me see you one, two step.... wait, wrong genre. How fun to get to do it together! She looks so pretty in her bun- I put Julia's hair in a bun yesterday for her first ballet class and thought it looked so elegant. We should all wear buns. :)

Matthew and Valerie said...

I agree with Lisa...or a video of the class would do! :)
I'm proud of Taylor getting the hang of potty training!