Monday, January 4, 2010

Lots to say, so little time...

Once again, I apologize for my lack of consistent blogging lately. I have lots of reasons (excuses), some very valid, but I'll spare you. I need to come up with some type of plan on when to blog...actually my whole life is in need of some structure :) So I make no promises but I hope to post more often. I do, however, promise to make a Christmas post soon.


As the title says, there is lots to say! Happy New Year, first of all! Also, I gather from people's comments/questions, that the previous picture of Taylor on Christmas morning needs some explaining. Nick made that post and he liked that picture, so he put it on there. It captures her excitement. The present is actually a chunky little toy mail truck. We got it because she enjoys playing with other kids cars/trucks sometimes and we chose the mail truck because for a while now she has been interested in the mail truck and gets excited when she sees or hears him. So that's the story behind that.


The most note-worthy thing around here is that TAYLOR IS POTTY TRAINING!!! Yep, she's been going on the potty since last Tuesday! She spends most of the day in big girl panties (or "underwear" if you're Nick and don't like the other word). Of course she still naps and sleeps in a diaper and for now she'll continue to wear a diaper for errand running. I must say a huge thank you to Nick's Mom, Carole, and sisters, Lisa and Val, for their contribution! The whole week of Christmas we were in St. Pete visiting Nick's family, which you would already know if I had blogged about it. ;) Anywho, I jokingly told Carole that I wanted her to go ahead and get Tay potty trained while we were there. Well, I was only partly joking. So, she got the little potty out and some potty training books and patiently took her to the potty numerous times everyday. Lisa and Val also took her potty and read books over and over again. Two of Tay's girl cousins who are potty trained were there, so Tay got to go with them and I think that really helped her get it. She never actually did anything on the potty while we were in St. Pete, but something definitely clicked. We didn't have anywhere to go the Tuesday after we got back home, so I figured I'd put her in underwear and take her potty all day long. I was so thrilled when she actually went! She's never been scared of the potty and has been sitting on it for months but now there is some action! Whoop whoop! Ok, I'll leave you with a visual of the little potty-training-punkin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is she!? Could she have posed any cuter!? Robyn's readers should know that Taylor made a point of going to Bear's cage to share her ti-ti excitement with him. Bear Bear, I ti-tied on the potty, she said. How sweet is that? Gran

Anonymous said...

I'm glad something down here clicked with her! Maybe it was watching Mia and Kayleigh - who knows? Nick - you are allowed to say "panties". :) Love this picture. Save it for her senior class page.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I just loved all of the girls sitting in the bathroom together taking turns sitting on the big or little potty. I'm glad it helped and I'm sure you are relieved to get the ball rolling!
]

JD and Danielle said...

If it is appropriate to say: she looks so cute sitting on the toilet.