Saturday, October 17, 2009

Zoo day

We took a family trip to the Audubon Zoo yesterday and had a lot of fun. We've been talking about it for a few weeks so we picked a date on the calendar and hoped for good weather. The weather was great in New Orleans and we were thankful for that. Tay Tay has been very excited about going to the zoo. She loves animals. Her favorite animal lately has been giraffes so that's was she really wanted to see. But she also wanted to see the elephants, monkeys, tigers, gators, and bears. We were able to see all the animals that she wanted to see but the zoo was so big that we couldn't see everything.

Just so you know, there are a good bit of pictures in the slideshow so be prepared.

8 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

What a fun day! We always seem to go to the zoo when it's 100 degrees outside, so the animals aren't very active. You guys have a great camera. The pictures look great. I love your trunks!

Lindsey said...

beautiful pictures! i went there one time when i was about 8 years old... good times.

Nikki said...

Let me just say that Lydi LOVED watching your slideshow. She looked at me and said, "mommy, can we go to the zoo now?" Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Those really are good pics. Send me the ones with you all in them, please. Glad the weather cooperated!

Donna said...

Love the pics- love the captions too- I think we all need to take time to chillax and shade-bathe.

Anonymous said...

I found our pics from the zoo a few years back (you 5 and Sissy 7 maybe). Anyway, that will be fun looking at those with y'all. Great slideshow. What a fun day! I guess the pumpkin patch is much less exciting now after that. See ya soon. Gran

--Shelley said...

Glad to see you came to LA sporting your purple and gold.

I would say good pics but I do not want to inflate Nicks head too much. Really I am just jealous. I love the giraffe too and the crazy alligator shot.

The Parrish's said...

Hey! I didn't know ya'll were at the game!! Too bad, next year we need to communicate better with everyone. I did see Christy Owen, Hillary, Carlyn Bowser too but later.