Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let It Be Known...

Taylor said she missed me today!!! You better believe I'm gonna mark the calendar! :)
AND I got my first phone call from MDO this morning saying that she fell in the classroom but was ok. I'm glad they weren't calling to say she was sick, or that she had been bitten by another child, or something like that. As soon as I heard the voice on the other end I knew who it was. After she introduced herself, she said, "Taylor's fine, but she had a little fall in the classroom..." and then went on to tell me that she cried and her mouth bled a little but that she was ok and was now playing in the gym for her "movement" class. I know that will not be the last time she gets hurt when she's away from her Mommy or Daddy, but to my knowledge it's the first. They said she may have hurt her finger a little, too, because she was holding it funny the rest of the day, but was bending it some. I'll be keeping an eye on that. She's now napping, hence my opportunity to blog!
The picture has nothing to do with this post, in case you're wondering. I took it at my Dad's house when Taylor and I stayed there a couple of weekends ago while Nick was out of town. She climbed up to the table, put on T's glasses, and started "reading" the paper as if she does that everyday. Nick and I don't get a newspaper, so she doesn't see us do this. But I guess she had seen Poppy and T do this the previous couple of mornings, and thought she needed to too. Silly girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tay fell at Mudder's Day Out. What a funny picture of her in those glasses! Gran

Matthew and Valerie said...

Very cute picture. I'm glad Taylor was ok after her fall.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

That's such a funny face that she is making!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Love the glasses and the reading. I knew she was smart!
And I know that gut sinking feeling of that phone call. I see it on caller ID and usually rush them through the mandatory, "this is __ from __" and just say "Tell me what's happenening", etc. Ugh. Stomach churning usually for naught. So glad Tay Tay was fine!