Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No Love for the Mama

This is the conversation Taylor and I have everytime I pick her up from Mudder's Day Out.

Me: I missed you today!

Tay: I missed Daddy. I want Daddy hold you.

Me: Daddy can't hold you, he's at work. Did you miss Mommy?

Tay: I missed Daddy.

I guess it's true what they say...absence makes the heart grow fonder. And since she's away from Daddy much more than Mommy, her heart clearly is fonder of Daddy. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful that they love each other so much! It would just be nice to hear her say she misses me, too. :) I kinda think it's a game now, though. One can hope, right?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's just pushing your buttons. They are programmed up in heaven to do this. There is a great big HUG coming over the internet to you from me right now. I love and miss all three of you!!!! Gran

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Awww!!! I hate it when Kayleigh chooses Daddy over me! Like you, I'm thankful that they love each other, but it would be nice to get some of that affection, too!
I remember when Kayleigh would say "hold you" instead of "hold me"! That was a hard concept for her, I think.

Matthew and Valerie said...

What a daddy's girl. Don't worry, she'll miss you one day, too!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Awww, man. My kids have been through both phases. You know, it's hard being the person needed/ loved, as well? H thinks I hung the moon right now- which is great- until I was gone for 3 days last week!! AGH! Thankfully Jason said he only asked for me one day.
Wait... ONLY one day? What the heck?