Thursday, December 25, 2008

Feliz Navidad!

Merry Christmas, everyone! We hope y'all had a wonderful day! We did and will post pictures soon...I promise. It was is the low 70's here but we didn't let that get us down. Nick built a fire this morning anyway. Yep, I said Nick built a fire. And the AC was running in the background. It made for some nice pictures, though. We had a nice morning, opening presents and taking pictures of Taylor. Then we had Robyn's mom and stepdad over for a big lunch and everything was soooo good. That was my first time to host a big meal and I think it went quite well. I think that accidentally leaving the butter out of the pecan pie was the only mistake (and no one even knew it - I just realized it awhile after they left when I opened the microwave and found the dish of melted butter.) Then it was naptime for Taylor and mommy and daddy. Robyn's dad and stepmom stopped by for a quick visit on their way back in town. And we wrapped up the night by driving around looking at Christmas lights! Taylor loved the lights and kept pointing at them while saying her version of "lights" everytime she saw them. We had a great time riding around being a happy little family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas time is so much more fun with children to enjoy everything with. It's all so new and fun for them. We need to see thru their eyes once in a while.

Matthew and Valerie said...

Merry Christmas! I can't wait to see your Christmas pictures.

--Shelley said...

sounds like a lovely day. staying home is the best! thankfully we get to see you guys often during the year.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Merry late Christmas! We're glad you all had such a good day! You know it's a good day when it includes a nap! :)
I have to tell you that it's a little odd reading "feliz navidad" and "y'all" in the same post!...there is your random comment for the day.
Hurry up and post your pictures!

Anonymous said...

I still love to ride around and look at lights and I'm 49! HA! Gran