Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Eight is Great!

Last night Taylor slept for 8 hours and didn't make a peep! For us this is quite an accomplishment! I'm starting back to work next week (thankfully just for a couple of hours 2 days a week) so I'm trying very hard to get her on a good schedule so my sitters can have a bit of predictability.
Another accomplishment is that she rolled from her back to her tummy yesterday! I knew she was getting close - basically as of last Friday the only part she had left to do was getting her bottom arm out from under her. I left her with Nicolette (my Monday sitter) yesterday morning for a practice run before next week. As I was about to walk out the door I said, "She's about to roll over, but if she does it while I'm gone, don't tell me." Just as the words left my mouth Taylor mastered the move! I got real excited and said, "Yay! She just did it!" as I threw both hands in the air. I bet I looked funny, but my feelings were genuine :) It's fun to watch her grow and develop, but it really does go by quickly. That's one reason I haven't been in any hurry to get her to sleep through the night.
She is still loving the rice cereal, so we'll continue that for a little longer before we introduce baby food. That should make for some fun pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY, TayTay! Gran needs a visit!