Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trash to Treasure - Part Deux



Another recent project is this little table that truly was trash. My friend, Elizabeth, got it out of someone's trash hoping to use it at her house, but it wasn't quite right for the space she wanted it for. Soooo, she gave it to me and it is perfect beside my couch. BUT, I thought I'd like it better with a fresh coat of paint. And this is the finished product.

Side note and Lesson of the Day: Do not, I repeat, do not under any circumstance, unless there is no other way to get around it and it is already about to fall off, ever attempt to remove veneer from a piece of furniture. You see, there was a piece of veneer on the top of the table and on one corner was this tiny little spot that was beginning to peel up. Soooo, on a whim (NOTHING I ever do on a whim turns out good in the end) I decided to start to peel it off. BIG mistake. And I knew it immediately, but it was too late. I was already committed. After many attempts - I'll spare you all the details - I finally had all the veneer off.

4 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm going to get you and Chat to Jacksonville and have you redo some of our furniture!

Anonymous said...

White to brown, brown to white. And they both look great!! What a job that must have been.
mom v

danielle said...

I'm impressed! That looks great.

Merrill said...

You're inspiring me. I have at least three similar projects that need to happen, and I really want to get going on them! This table looks beautiful! I love finding things in people's trash. Country Club Village used to have the best. Miss you guys!