Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mock-(yeah)-ing-(yeah)-bird-(yeah)


Your welcome for getting that song in your head. This picture has nothing to do with the post, I just didn't want to post again with no picture. How many times can I say post and picture in one sentence?
Taylor, who has been quite verbal for a long time now, is talking in sentences most of the time these days. Very fun! She is constantly repeating things I say - not always right after I say them, mind you. So this means she is really listening...not always obeying, but listening nonetheless. For example, today we were in the kitchen. I was washing dishes with my back to her and she said, "Watch your head." I guess she got close to the bar. You see, on one side of the kitchen there is a bar-like counter along the wall and I tell her to watch her head because she likes to walk under it, but she is getting taller (notice I didn't say tall, just taller) and has come close many times to hitting her head. Then later she heard someone on t.v. say "tattoo" so she started saying tattoo. And the other day in the grocery store a lady said, "She is very cute" and when she walked away Tay said, "I vewy cute." I really need to start writing down everything funny she says, because when I sit down to blog about it (which yes, isn't that often these days) I can't remember all of them. It's definately time to start watching what we say in front of her!

On another note, Nick feels like he's coming down with a cold, too. Boooooo.

Also, stay tuned for some pictures of the newly painted guest room! My sweet husband spent many hours and days painting over the pine paneling. GASP! Some of you may think that's a major no-no, but it just wasn't our style AT ALL. So we changed it. And I LOVE it!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Aww sweet baby..I love the dress and the kicks! She is stylin'

Melanie said...

PS--I hate paneling too whether it is pine or not. Boo to whoever invented paneling.

jessica and corey said...

aww, look at that sweet girl who's getting so big! those "newbies" as you call them are precious!

Anonymous said...

Precious! I'm amazed at her vocabulary and have been for quite some time. She is so much fun! Gran

Matthew and Valerie said...

Taylor is vewy cute! I love the picture of her.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I wish she had been saying those sentences when we were with her! Isn't it so nice to have her talk back to you??? It is definitely less frustrating on both ends--except when she says something that you can't understand. :)
Your post's title reminds me of the movie Dumb and Dumber.

danielle said...

Yes that song is in my head now. Thanks. And I wish I could hear her talk. You need to post some video. She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

You PAINTED that gorgeous, antique paneling?? Just kidding. I agree - it's not your style. The room will be brighter now.
Mom :)

jilltheBLANK said...

i LOVE the name of this entry :)