Monday, June 1, 2009

UN-BE-LIEVABLE

I truly think I just witnessed a miracle. I couldn't find my Swallet all morning (it's a thing I keep my driver's license and credit cards in) and was beginning to think I lost it. So I called Discover and reported it as lost, and was then on the phone with another credit card company when I walked into my bedroom. Bet you can guess what happened next...yep, I looked down and there it was just sitting on my carpet! Unbelievable! I has just said to the lady on the phone, "I might have lost my card and wanted to see if there had been any charges on it. I don't want to cancel right now, just want to see about charges." Just then I spotted the Swallet! Of course now I can't remember exactly what I said next, but it was something like "you have got to be kidding me" or "of course that would happen" or "unbelievable" or something like that. I had been in that room earlier getting ready for work and it was right there, in plain sight! If all things are for God's glory, then I can only believe that there was a deeper reason that the whole thing unfolded as it did. I actually said to the credit card lady I was talking to when I found it that I had been praying all morning to find it and God just made it appear. Perhaps she needed to hear that. Perhaps there is something for which she needs to pray. Perhaps she simply needed some affirmation that God is real and that He cared about the little things. Or perhaps it was for my own sanctification and faith building. Whatever the reason, I'm more than thankful it was neither lost nor stolen!

3 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm glad you found it!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking it was all in His plan and the lady at the credit card company needed to hear that. And He just wanted to use you. Thank you for letting Him use you. Mama

Anonymous said...

Then I just thought about Ella. She surely would have been accused had she been there. Bless her little heart. Mama