Sunday, May 24, 2009

words, words, words

These days I should refer to Taylor as Little Miss Chatterbox. She's always been pretty verbal, but lately it seems like she surprises us daily with the new words she knows and says. She will repeat most things and just this past week, she said "golly", "goodness", and "that's not good" just to name a few. My three favorite things she said today were "dot com" which she repeated after hearing it on tv, "anyway" which she repeated after me, and "newbies" (as in the nickname for New Balance shoes) which she's heard Nick say but this time she came up with it on her own. She even pitched a fit because I told her she couldn't wear her "newbies" to the grocery store. I wanted her to wear her pink shoes because they looked better with the smocked bubble she was wearing, and I don't like when a pair of shoes ruins an outfit...can I get an amen?! I let her win and wear the newbies - don't judge me for giving in ;) - and she still looked cute.

She's also been quite the little songbird lately. She sings parts of "Jesus Loves Me", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", and the alphabet. I don't have it uploaded yet, but we'll put a video on here that Nick took of her singing. TOO CUTE! Oh, and when we got home from church she was singing "round and down" and I figured out that she was singing "The Wheels on the Bus". I guess she heard that in the nursery and misunderstood round and round.

I'll have Nick post a video soon for your viewing pleasure and entertainment.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Here's the amen you asked for. :) And I LOVE that she says 'golly'. Too cute!

Matthew and Valerie said...

How cute! I love the picture, too!

Donna said...

Amen on the shoes girlfriend! Sometimes girls at church will have on the most gorgeous smocked dress you've ever seen and the dirtiest old crocs or something. Eew! SHE IS SUCH A DOLL! I love her little phrases- all of that sounds like you- I can totally hear Boo saying "that's not good".

Anonymous said...

Some things aren't worth getting upset about - i.e. shoes matching the outfit for the grocery store. Choose your battles and let others slide. Otherwise you'll all go crazy.

Anonymous said...

Okay Taylor loves to pose and I noticed her shoes did not make it into the picture. "Dammaw" is so right about not sweating the small stuff. And like you said, the newbies looked cute with the bubble. Gran

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I like the model pose she's doing. I think she's watching too many red carpet events.