Friday, May 1, 2009

"Tain-tu Mommy"

This is how Taylor says "thank you" and she says it every time she brings me something that she knows she's not supposed to have (i.e., remote control, phone, pens, etc.) And believe me, that's alot. I'm trying to teach her to say "here you go" but she is so used to me saying thank you when she hands me stuff that it just comes out. We'll keep working on it. Speaking of other words we're working on...yes ma'am. I'd even take "yes" over "huh" which is short for uh-huh. Can you say tacky and rude? My Southern Belle will say yes ma'am, not huh...I hope. Nick is not Southern so this is a bit of a foreign concept to him. I'm positive my parents thought he was rude when they first met him since he didn't (and still doesn't) say ma'am and sir. Perhaps they've gotten used to. Or perhaps they still think he's rude...hopefully the former. Anyway I'll keep correcting her and hope that it sticks.

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the post, but it's cute. This was taken almost one month ago and I forgot to post it. She had just put one of my socks on, which looks more like a leg warmer. Doesn't she look so proud?

As I type this she is working on her ABC's. She knows the tune of the first four letters and has gotten the order right a couple of times over the past few days. Most of the time, though, it's more like A D C D or C B C D. But, hey, cut the kid some slack...she is only 21 months old. We're also working on counting to ten, which is quite humorous at times. She does not like "7" and pretty much always skips it. Not sure why. Anywho, enjoy the funny picture!

8 comments:

Matthew and Valerie said...

It's a very cute picture! I'm so proud of her counting and ABC's. She'll get the hang of it. Now the "sir" and "ma'am" on the other hand....well, Nick is her dad! I guess we were just raised differently in Florida!

--Shelley said...

oooo you wear slouch socks!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Sissy,
Ha ha ha ha! I laughed out loud when I read your comment. They are actually very cute and were a gift. By the way, I just sleep in them or wear them around the house.

Anonymous said...

I love to read updates about Taylor & what she's doing & saying! Her & Gabe are so much alike! His thing is to say thank you when he's done with something or doesn't want it anymore. He hand it to me & says "na noo". Like, "ok, mom, I'm over this now!" Oh, man...they're a handful at this age!!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully your parents don't think Nick is rude. I'll bet there is a lot about him that they like.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember ever thinking Nick was or is rude. He is a wonderful husband to my Robyn and a wonderful daddy to our Taylor and a wonderful provider for his family and works very hard for his church serving our Lord. I do love the yes mam and no mam (sp)thing. It's second nature to me, but I certainly would not hold that against him. I am very thankful to have Nick in my family. Gran

Melanie said...

Even with a degree in communicative disorders, I still find it hard to correct Taylor when she has a few words she says incorrectly--it's just so cute! I know she'll get it right one day. Your Taylor is so cute!

Melanie said...

Nick is not rude! On the other hand the ma'am's and sir's HAVE to be taught early. My parents were called to the principals office when we lived in Oklahoma to commend my use of the phrases. Mr. Ingram..I will never forget it. Oh my the way 7 is overrated!
Love,
Aunt Mel