Monday, January 26, 2009

Big Girl





Taylor has been acting and looking like such a big girl lately. Sometimes it's her outfit, sometimes it's her hair-do, but all the time it's her attitude that makes her seem so grown-up. I think we might be getting a little taste of the terrible two's. And she's adding to her vocabulary daily...no kidding. Some of her new words lately include: turtle, car, Amy (babysitter), Baxley (Amy's brother), Poppy/Papa, Gran (kind of), picture, Streed (kind of), Gidgey (neighbor's dog, teeth. She's quite the chatterbox! She LOVES to read and asks you to "wead" to her all the time! And I think she's even begun to try to stall me when I get ready to lay her down for her nap, because as soon as I start to put her in her sleep sak she points to the rocking chair and says "wead" over and over and over. Within the past week she has started "reading" (a.k.a. babbling) when you open a book. Isn't she too young for this? Oh, and I almost forgot, she can count to 2! She's super funny and fun, and I'm glad she's developing so well...but I wish she'd slow down!

8 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Love the hair!!

Bragans said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! She is just a doll! She does look all grown up. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

She is such a big girl! I love how close her and Gabe are b/c they are always doing just about the same things! I wish we lived closer so they could be BFF!! Miss you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been telling you she acts so grown up. She is hilarious! I think you are right about a taste of the two's but remember they are "terrific twos". Her vocabulary is big because her mommy and daddy talk to her and teach her constantly. Nick asked her for her right hand the other day. She is smart, fun, funny and beautiful. Gran

holly said...

it is so the hair! hadley still looks like a baby because she has no hair! time flies!

Anonymous said...

The picture of her standing on the wood floor looks like a little doll. Her hair sure is getting long. You need to video her reading so she can hear herself later. (Maybe you have.)

Anonymous said...

Nick and Chip must be sad that all of these babies are so full of "Streed-ness." She is SO adorable and looks like she could be Shelley's since all of the kids look so much alike!

annieck said...

She is absolutely adorable!!!