Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart!

I was reminded today as I watched "A Baby Story" on TLC just how precious life is and that the birth of a healthy baby is indeed a miracle. I've "known" these things and probably even said them a time or two. I also just read a blog entry from a couple who lost their baby 10 days ago. So of course my heart is in a tender state. The lady on the TV show today had had 1 baby born at 28 weeks (who is now 7 and a half years old and doing well), 3 miscarriages, 1 stillborn baby, another miscarriage, and then another baby who was born at 36 weeks and healthy. I sometimes take for granted my uncomplicated pregnancy and that Taylor was born healthy. Then I see or read about people whose stories are so very different than mine, and I remember to thank God for our precious baby. So I encourage you to look around you, think of your blessings and all the things for which you should be thankful, and indeed give thanks with a grateful heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all need to remember ALL the blessings we have. It's so easy to take them for granted.