Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts for two of the Villacampas. Taylor rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time today. She was fussing so I went in to get her up from her nap and she was on her back! Yes, she sleeps on her tummy eventhough they say not to. So neither Nick nor I got to witness it, but hopefully we'll both be here to see her roll from her back to her tummy for the first time. The other first was for Nick. He had the privilege of seeing a ballet for the first time in his 29 years of life. He took me to the Nutcracker tonight and I thank him very much! As we were leaving he said, "I mean, that is just something I cannot relate to (men ballet dancers). Why do they have to jump around when they leave the stage or after they do something good? I would probably just do a fist pump or point to someone in the crowd." And I can totally see him do both of those things. I think fun was had by all tonight, but I probably enjoyed it the most. I hope to take Taylor to the ballet one day and I especially hope to watch her in one, too!

6 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Yay for Tay!!! Now that she's rolled over once, I bet she starts doing it all the time.
I can sort of picture Nick doing the fist pump. I can DEFINITELY see him pointing to someone in the crowd. Congrats on getting him to go to the ballet. I bet he's a changed man! :)

Anonymous said...

No,I cannot see Nick in tights or leaping about in glee on a stage - or anywhere for that matter. Thank goodness!! But I'm glad he was man enough to take you. Way to go, Nick. PUMP PUMP POINT POINT

Anonymous said...

Two things that don't go together: Nick and ballet. Times are changing!
It's so exciting that Taylor's rolling over. I just wish we loved closer to everyone.
~Valerie

Kayleigh and Brian said...

P.S. What was your first for the day???
And, seriously, how did you get Nick to go to the ballet???

Anonymous said...

Let's see; leaping over garbage cans, hmmm. I hope to see Taylor dance too. Gran

katie said...

wow... that is hilarious. probably the funnies thing i've read in a while. considering this is an older post it is probably obvious i haven't read the blog in a while - or updated my own! gosh - get it together katie! :) i can TOTALLY hear nick saying that about the fist pump and point right now - and was laughing outloud. man - i miss y'all....