Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Well, it looks like...

we're going to need to change the name of our blog...because we're having another baby! Most of you probably already know since we made it public on facebook already. But in case you didn't, now you do. I'm 11 weeks and a few days, and I go back to the Dr. one week from today. My estimated due date is October 9th, which is my friend Ashley's birthday and I think it was Streed's due date, or at least close to it.
"Quick" recap: I had my first appt. at 8 weeks and had to go back the next day for an ultrasound. My appt. was on a Monday when the u/s tech isn't there and apparently in this practice it's not standard procedure to have an ultrasound at your first appt. Well, I'll spare you the details but the Dr. said I have a tiny uterus and she wanted me to have an ultrasound which meant I had to come back on Tuesday. So of course I went home and googled "tiny uterus" to find out what all the scary possibilities are. :) Then, Tuesday morning on my way to take Taylor to MDO my car was acting up, so after I dropped her off I started to head to my friend Morgan's house to borrow her car for my appt. But I couldn't even make it there. Soooo, Nick had to leave work to come get me, making me late for the appt. While I waited for him I started thinking that maybe the car trouble was God-ordained because I was going to find out some bad news at the u/s and needed Nick to be with me, so I started crying. To make an already long story not so long, we got to see the baby and it's heartbeat (which made me cry again!) and it appears to be fine. The u/s tech didn't say that my uterus looked tiny on the u/s so hopefully it's ok.
I'll leave you with a picture of our little lima bean...not that it looks like much.

14 comments:

Regan said...

yay yay yay!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you and your sweet family!! Please keep us posted! Yay!

jessica and corey said...

ahhhh!!! i had no idea! i'm so excited for you guys! baby taylor won't be a baby anymore but a big sister!!

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

Congratulations!!!! Great news! October 9th is my anniversary - great day and fabulous time of year to be home with a new baby!

holly said...

congratulations! what a blessing this little one is going to be to your family!

Anonymous said...

I still think you need to hold on one day longer than the due date so he/she can have a birthdate of 10/10/10. :)
Whenever it is, you know we're more than thrilled that the Lord is blessing our family with another little one!!!

The Parrish's said...

Yeah!!! Congratulation, always love hearing about a new little life coming into this world! I'm so happy for you:)

Anonymous said...

couldn't be more excited to welcome a second bean! Love you!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

S/He does look just like a lima bean!! Funny! I can't wait to know if we'll have another BOY or girl in the family!! :)

Kelli Hodges said...

Congratulations to you! Taylor will be a great big sister. If you hold out until the 12th he or she will share Alli's birthday.

Jennifer said...

That is great news! Congrats!

Bragans said...

I had heard that you guys were expecting! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet your new little bean! Love you and miss you!

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm glad everything went well with your ultrasound. I guess I'm lucky I've already had 2 and I'm not even 7 weeks yet!!

Lindsey said...

very excited for you guys! sorry the day was so crazy but glad the little lima is healthy!

Donna said...

Yay- I've been wanting you to post so I could officially congratulate you! How wonderful! Hope you are feeling good!