Friday, March 12, 2010

Little Miss Manipulator


How do children learn to manipulate at such an early age? I guess it's just part of the sin nature that we're born with. In case you're wondering today is NOT the first time Taylor has manipulated me or attempted to, but today was so far the funniest. The scenario goes a little something like this...
- I put Taylor in her crib for a nap at 2 (first mistake, I waited too long, but we were out and about, then my dear friend Heather who I haven't seen in forever came over for lunch and I let Tay stay up a little late.)
- She proceeded to play and squeal and laugh with the occasional, "Mommy, come get me..." cry.
- Then at about 3:00 I heard her say something about her sleepy sack, which she snuggles with, so I went in there to put it back in her crib because I was 100% sure she'd thrown it out
- I was correct.
- So when I gave it back to her, she requested a different CD to listen to.
- I obliged because I was hoping that would help get her to sleep.
- I then told her that if I had to come back in there I would have to give her spanking, but that I really didn't want to.
- There was a pause and then she said, "I love you sooooo much!" I busted out laughing, as did Heather. She must have been thinking that if she said that I wouldn't keep my word.
- Then she went to sleep, hence the ability to blog. :)

11 comments:

Kayleigh and Brian said...

VERY funny! I'm glad you shared! I also LOVE the picture of the two of you! Nick has two beautiful girls!!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect picture to go with this blog!! A cute story to share.

Anonymous said...

awwww. love that picture. she's got such a cute personality!

Donna said...

Precious picture. Precious girl. P.S. I thought Sandra Bullock looked like Robyn Villacampa at the Oscar's - she was gorgeous and had your hair!

christian and amanda said...

someone recently suggested a dog kennel for my non-napper. I admit, I did consider it, but only for a second. It is such a relief once they finally fall asleep, but entertaining sometimes to field all the questions.

Anonymous said...

Precious story and precious picture. Gran

black tag diaries said...

so hilarious. she is precious robyn!

JD and Danielle said...

I hate the manipulation but LOVE the picture of you 2.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I love it! She is too funny, but you better watch out for here, she already knows how to get you! :) The picture of you 2 is great!

Bragans said...

It must be something about girls, because our eldest is good at manipulation too. We like you, see and pray for God to change her. Great picture of you two!

Danelle said...

hilarious Robyn. thanks for sharing. how clever that little mind is :)