Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Weekend to Remember

Last weekend was very busy and eventful! But we enjoyed it...most of it. This is how it went:

Friday: We ripped up the stinky dog carpet in the den after after spending almost $300 to have it professionally cleaned twice! On our way to Birmingham a truck driver tried to run us off the road and then motioned for Nick to pull over on the shoulder so he could pick a fight - I'm not kidding. We got lost on the way to the church and totally missed the rehearsal. Finally made it to the rehearsal dinner and enjoyed seeing lots of old college friends. We stayed with our dear friends the Comptons.

Saturday: One of Nick's good friends from college got married and Nick had the privilege of being one of his groomsmen (Congratulations, Courtney and Ivan!). Taylor attended her first wedding and reception and behaved like an angel! Again we saw lots of old college friends. It was really funny to see the guys make a fuss over Taylor and want to hold her. Taylor smoked her first cigar (see picture).

Sunday: I (Robyn) found a four leaf clover. I was standing by the fence and looked down to see a patch of clovers. Jokingly I said to Nick, "Ooo, I'm gonna find a four leaf clover." So you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I actually did! No, I'm not superstitious and do not believe that they bring good luck, but I was excited because they are so rare. Now I'm going to search for the Mobile Leprechaun :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo fun pics!! I love the one of her crashed in the car seat! Sounds like y'all are really busy! I'm so happy for you, though! It must be great to finally be in a house of your "own"! ;)

Claire and Jason Bintz said...

Great pictures! I wished I could have been at Ashley's wedding to see all of you! I'm so happy for you and your new home--I know you are so excited! We may be much closer soon, Lord willing. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You 3 looked beautiful at the wedding!! And the floor in the family room doesn't look nearly as bad as our zebra looking linoleum in our kitchen and family room. Plus I know it smells 500% better now in there - maybe 1000%. :) You are working hard to put your special touches everywhere.

Matthew and Valerie said...

I think Nick looked more excited about the cigar than Taylor did. Probably a good thing! Taylor does look adorable asleep in her car seat.