Monday, October 8, 2007

May you be sharpened

A few posts ago I mentioned a couple who had just given birth to a baby girl with Trisomy-18. She lived for 8 days. I know some of you have visited their blog and have been touched to say the least. And I know some of you chose not to in fear that it would be too much for your heart to handle. I encourage you to do so if you have not. Not so that you can be sad, but rather so that you can be encouraged, sharpened, and that your faith may be strengthened. More than likely you will cry, sob even. But no doubt you will be sharpened. The way the Lord is carrying them through this valley that is deeper and darker than I can imagine, and that they're letting Him do so is so evident. May you be sharpened! http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
Proverbs 27:17

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it as best I could. I did not look at the video, but I will. My problems seem smaller now. Gran

Melanie said...

I have followed this special family ever since you brought them to my attention. They are pretty amazing people and Mommy is someone to be admired! Thanks for sharing their blog with me...I check in everyday and think of them often! They make you think about your own life and the blessing we have and also how we can make ourselves better people. Thanks again.

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

I have read their blog and I appreciate you sharing it with all of us. As a neonatal nurse practitioner I take care of families in their situation and to gain the insight that they have shared so gracefully has been incredible. I cannot imagine what they are going through and it definitely has brought me to tears on a regular basis - especially with these postpartum horomones. I have shared their blog with my colleagues at work so that they may too learn from this amazing family and know more what our families feel and experience. Thank you for sharing with us-

Anonymous said...

Nothing we ever dealt with can compare with what this young family has gone through. I did read a lot of their blog even though it was very hard to do sometimes. Their strength and faith is incredible.