Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Baby Footlong

24 weeks! Woohoo! I really can't believe I'm over halfway done with my pregnancy. People have been noticing and commenting alot lately on my belly. I'm definately looking more pregnant than just fat. I go back to the doctor next Wednesday and hopefully I won't have gained as much as I did the last visit!

Baby Taylor is almost a foot long this week and weighs a little over 1.25 lbs. She's a tiny little thing, but she sure is active - I've been feeling her move alot these past few weeks and its really fun. Her brain is growing rapidly and her taste buds are developing. Also, the "branches" of her respiratory "tree" are developing along with the cells that produce surfactant, which helps the air sacs inflate easily.

P.S. We still haven't decided on a middle name but neither of us are too concerned about that right now. We have 2 that we like, but we'll take suggestions if you have any :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No middle name. Hmmm. Wonder what that's like? (teehee):)You need a middle name for three things: monogramming, filling out applications and disciplining. Seriously, Taylor Villacampa is beautiful in it self, but I'm sure you two will come up with something adorable. Moma

Anonymous said...

Let's see...Taylor Carole - nah. Taylor Jeanne - no to that one too. Guess my names are only good for me. :) Taylor will have to have her own middle one. Naming a baby isn't easy, is it?
Mom V.

Kayleigh and Brian said...

How about Taylor Anne? Then Taylor Anne and Kayleigh/Kaylee/Kalei/K'Lee Anne can have matching middle names!!! :)
Of course, there's always Taylor Lisa or Taylor Michelle...Taylor Erika??

Kayleigh and Brian said...

Next time maybe you'll think twice before asking for suggestions!! :) We Villacampas are full of them!!!

Anonymous said...

The other 3 Villacampa girls don't have middle names, and I can't speak for my sisters, but I've never really missed it!

kristen

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kristen, neither Robyn nor her sister were given a middle name either. Maybe because I always hated my middle name. Robyn's mom.

Anonymous said...

I guess you'd want to stay away from "Hicks" for a middle name huh?! .... Taylor Hicks :)

uncle jonathan

Anonymous said...

Taylor Nichoella Villacampa! Yeah I like that, you know how I like long names!
dad