Tuesday, April 3, 2007

22 Weeks

I am now 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I can't believe I'm over halfway there! As mentioned in a previous post, Baby V is no longer compared to any type of produce, but according to babycenter.com she now looks like a miniature newborn! She is approximately 10.9 inches long and weighs almost 1 pound. Her skin is still wrinkled and will remain so until she gains enough weight to fill it out. As I type this she is moving all around - I think she knew I was talking about her weight so she's doing some aerobics or gymnastics or something. Lanugo, the fine hair that covers her head and body, is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, while the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath the gum line. Though the iris still lacks pigment, her eyes are fully developed and her eyelids and eyebrows are now in place. The pancreas, essential for hormone production, is steadily developing.

I hope you've enjoyed your science lesson for the day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's our little baby doll. :)

Parks Avenue said...

I can't wait till she really starts packing on the pounds! Your little belly is so cute!
-annie

Anonymous said...

Ask her to please save up her energy Sunday morning so Gran can feel her moving that afternoon. Moma

Anonymous said...

Yay science!!

I'm so glad all is going well.

~Valerie