Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Plethora of Sippy Cups


How many sippy cups does one girl need? Apparently several...when you're trying to figure out which one(s) your child will actually drink from without makinga huge mess. We did not buy all of these ourselves, some were given to us by her Aunt Mel (thank you, again). She's drinks well from the Gerber ones most of the time, but she sometimes prefers to drink from her bottle. My favorite is when she fills her mouth with whatever is in her sippy cup and instead of swallowing decides she'd rather just let it spill out of her mouth and get all over the front of her outfit - that's really fun (can you sense the sarcasm?)! Also, some of them leak, so we're trying to figure out which ones are best. The Gerber ones are currently winning. At least they make a very colorful and pretty display.

7 comments:

christian and amanda said...

nalgene sippy cups are awesome. easy to clean and no leaks, we've been through our share of all the others, too.

Melanie said...

Ahhh the sippy cup search...Kait still cannot drink out of a cup without making her Mommy crazy so we have a lot as well. We liked Gerber too. She will get the hang of it...glad we could add to the collection.
Love,
A. Mel

Jennifer said...

Hi! We're friends of the Kilpatricks so I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog! I completely understand the sippy cup woes (we went through that with bottles AND sippy cups). I strongly recommend the Playtex cups... they're by far our favorite and leak-free in our experience. And when you're ready to transition, their insulated straw cups are fantastic. Our almost-3-year-old still uses them! Hope that was helpful, you have a beautiful family!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I couldn't tell you were being sarcastic at first and I was thinking, "What kind of crazy woman did my brother marry???"
One of Kayleigh's friends has the "sports bottle" cups. I think they look cool, and Kayleigh would fit right in with the runners if she had it!
P.S. Chat got me into the Nuby cups, just to throw another brand at you! :)

Danny and Jennifer White said...

We have a cup monster that steals our cups,so I understand the need for several!!!I know I'll find more when I do a deep cleaning.

Demetrius and Amy said...

No good solutions for you...but if you find any let me know. I laughed out loud b/c of a recent post of mine about the MILK IN THE SIPPY CUP woes. Jayden lets it pour out of his mouth if he drinks it from a cup as well. Best of luck my friend

Anonymous said...

Did Nick make you use the word "plethora"? He likes words like that.