Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quick Little Update

I'm at work, in between clients, so I thought I'd write a quick little update on the goings-on at the Villacampa house. Taylor is 10 months and 1 week old and really fun...eventhough she wasn't quite herself yesterday. Yesterday morning she woke up at 5 and today she woke up at 4! I think her gums are bothering her and she might be a little congested. Anyway. She is now doing a real crawl, but still with the occassional army crawl on her tummy. One morning last week she was army crawling and I said, "Taylor, crawl on your hands and knees like a big girl" and she immediately did. It was so funny, like she knew exactly what I said. Then last night Nick was leaving for a meeting at church she said, "Bye Da" and Nick and I looked at each other and laughed. We thought, "ok, she didn't really say that, I'm sure it was a fluke", THEN she said it again. Lately she has grown to love a few of her stuffed animals, namely her bear and dog. I'm trying to teach her to hug and kiss them and she seems to be getting the hug pretty well, but does the typical-open-mouth-kiss that babies do. Cute! She's working on saying "bear" - she says it, but it's kind of one of those things where we know what she's saying because it's always in context. Nick and I say we're not going to be those parents who think their child has the most advanced vocabulary development when really it's just jibber jabber and the parents just hear what they want. With that said, she really did say "bye da" and "bear". For real. :) Ok, this "quick little update" has turned into a long update.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Oh, how we've ALL become the parents we swore we'd never be!! She is advanced...just like Gabe...that's why they're getting married! No one else would understand their oh so brilliant conversations!! I miss you bunches and was glad to hear an update!! It's weird, but 10 months seemed to be super fun. I'm not sure why, I just remember saying how fun he was all the time when he was 10 months!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Taylor, tell mommy and daddy it's not jibber jabber and that you know exactly what you are saying. Hope to see you tomorrow. Gran

Matthew and Valerie said...

Yes, I teach lots of students whose parents think they are gifted...whether they are or not is a different story! I love your short-long updates!

katie said...

hey - can you send me your new address? :) thanks!